I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Chair of Statistical Learning and Data Science in the Department of Statistics at the LMU Munich. I have a Diploma Degree (Dipl. - Stat.) in Statistics and a PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in Statistics with focus on efficient statistical analysis of video and image data. During my PhD I worked at the Chair of Applied Statistics in Social Sciences, Economics and Business at the LMU, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Göran Kauermann. Afterwards I worked for nearly three years as Data Scientist and Data Science Lead for an insurance company, implementing various data science use cases from first idea to production.
Since August 2020, I am part of this chair. My main research interests include fairML, uncertainty quantification, causal inference and application of ML in applied sciences.
Institut für Statistik
Ludwig.Bothmann [at] stat.uni-muenchen.de
- Summer 2022:
- Winter 2021/22:
- Summer 2021:
- Winter 2020/21:
You Can Find me on
- Bothmann L, Peters K, Bischl B (2022) What Is Fairness? Implications For FairML. arXiv:2205.09622 [cs, stat].
- Bothmann L, Strickroth S, Casalicchio G et al. (2021) Developing Open Source Educational Resources for Machine Learning and Data Science. arXiv:2107.14330 [cs, stat].
- Matiu M, Bothmann L, Steinbrecher R, Menzel A (2017) Monitoring succession after a non-cleared windthrow in a Norway spruce mountain forest using webcam, satellite vegetation indices and turbulent CO 2 exchange. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 244–245, 72–81.
- Bothmann L, Menzel A, Menze BH, Schunk C, Kauermann G (2017) Automated processing of webcam images for phenological classification. PLoS ONE 12(2): e0171918.
- Bothmann L, Windmann M, Kauermann G (2016) Realtime classification of fish in underwater sonar videos. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C (Applied Statistics) 65, 565–584.
- Kalus S, Bothmann L, Yassouridis C, Czisch M, Sämann P, Fahrmeir L (2014) Statistical modeling of time-dependent fMRI activation effects. Human Brain Mapping 36, 731–743.