I am a PhD student at the Chair of Statistical Learning and Data Science (SLDS) in the Department of Statistics at the LMU Munich since April 2021. Prior to that, I obtained a Bachelor's degree (B.Sc.) in Economics from Goethe University Frankfurt and a Master's degree (M.Sc.) in Statistics from Humboldt University Berlin.
My main research focus is on the amalgamation of statistics and machine learning concepts. At the moment, I work on combining structured additive regression models and deep neural networks.
Institut für Statistik
chris.kolb [at] stat.uni-muenchen.de
- Statistical and Deep Learning
- (Deep) Distributional Regression
- Structured Additive Regression Models
- Uncertainty Quantification
You Can Find me on
- Rügamer D, Kolb C, Klein N (2022) Semi-Structured Distributional Regression. The American Statistician.
- Rügamer D, Kolb C, Fritz C, Pfisterer F, Kopper P, Bischl B, Shen R, Bukas C, Sousa LB de Andrade e, Thalmeier D, Baumann P, Kook L, Klein N, Müller CL (2022) deepregression: a Flexible Neural Network Framework for Semi-Structured Deep Distributional Regression. Journal of Statistical Software (provisionally accepted).